Come with us and experience the trip of a lifetime as we go fishing in Darwin for the million dollar fish.
But let’s face it… if you’re going to go on the hunt for a million dollar fish, you may as well do it in style.
So we finally decided to tick another one off the bucket list and go fishing in Darwin with Helifish.
How was Helifishing?
To say we had a good time was an understatement.
For the entire day we were chauffeured around from one amazing location to another.
And it sure helps with fishing enthusiast pilots who know the fishing and the area!
This really is something you need to do once in your life and was surprisingly affordable.
If you’ve always wanted to go fishing in the top end (or maybe you even live there) you can’t beat fishing in Darwin with Helifish.
Take a look at our video of the day.
What to take?
If you’re going with the Helifish guys, just take yourself and a camera.
However, if you want to go yourself and know what rigs and gear for fishing in Darwin and around the NT for tropical speedsters, check out these previous blog posts;
- Gear and tackle cheat sheet for fishing the tropics
- Lures to take travelling to the top end
- Wind on leader system to prevent the big one getting away
- Rigs to use land based fishing
- Sounder Interpretation
Million Dollar Fish NEWS
Now for those that don’t know, million dollar fish is a tourism initiative by the Northern Territory.
They tag and release over a hundred barramundi for recapture, each sporting a identification tag.
Anglers who catch the fish and return the tags receive $10,000 and one lucky tag is for $1,000,000.
If you’ve ever wanted to go fishing in Darwin, the time to go is now because…
Season 4 has been extended to September 2019 to give us all another crack at catching the million dollar fish. PLUS for the first time they have tagged more than one million dollar fish.
Here are the details;
If you were already registered for Season 4 of Million Dollar Fish and didn’t get up to the NT to fish – you’re in luck.
· Although Season 4 has officially finished, the BONUS round is now activated! There has never been a better time to go fishing in the NT and reel in a barra worth a whopping million bucks!
· This bonus round sees the 5 x million dollar fish still swimming in Top End Waters. From now until the end of September 2019 just look for these tag numbers:
Seriously, you could go land based fishing in Darwin, catch a small barra sporting a tag, and you could collect a million bucks.
· The first caught and verified tag collects $1 million
· If you haven’t registered as yet, Season 5 is now open and officially starts on 1st October 2019 so you have time to plan your trip.
Register for the million dollar fish here (NOTE YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE CATCHING THE FISH TO WIN THE $$ – entry is free)
Book the trip of a lifetime with Helifish here: (Tell them we sent you and please say G’day for us!)
Have you heard about our FISH SMARTER online fishing courses?
And for more great tips plus a chance to go in the draw to win a day fishing with Ryan Moody, enter your name and email below to join our free fishing community.
Until next time, get into the great outdoors and keep fishing smarter not harder.